Title/Author: Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake
Series: Anna #2
Publisher: Tor Teen, 332 pages
Release Date: August 7, 2012
Genre: YA Paranormal Romance
SYNOPSIS: (According to my husband, who has NOT read the book — see how well he listens to my bookish ramblings)
This story picks up where the other left off… only this time you have the Obeyman who is torturing Anna in Hell. Her ghost hunter, boy lover starts to see weird visions of her much like the way Bella sees visions of Edward in Twilight, only she is extra bloody. He sets out to find a way to free her. This story has blood, ghosts, magic and the Obeyman. OBEY!
BOOK ROCK BETTY BREAK DOWN:
- THE KISSING – Again, I have to break it to you gently. This IS a romantic book, but not really a kissing book! There are a couple sweet moments, but that’s about it. I was expecting and really hoping for more kissing… it just wasn’t there. However, that doesn’t take away from the book— it’s loaded with adventure and action—and yes, it’s amazing!
- THE SWOONING - I swooned big time over Cas. Remember in my last review when I whined about him not being EMOTIONAL enough, or SAD enough about what happened to Anna? Throw that comment in the trash can. This boy is BROKEN! He is looooonging for HIS ANNA!! He LOOOOVES her!! He PIIIIINES for her! And this my friends, makes me crazy about the guy!!
- THE SWAGGER – I really enjoy Kendare Blake’s writing style. There is always a solid, central plot and she sticks to it. I don’t get lost or confused. I feel connected the whole way through. She knows how to bring the action and suspense at just the right moments, and she throws in just enough gore to bring a creepy smile to my face, but not enough to make me vomit. PERFECT! Plus, she doesn’t overwrite. The books are never filled with fluff. Oh, and she is hilarious!
- THE OH SNAP! - The Obeahman has a lot of secrets. This dude is strong (like stronger than ANGRY ANNA if you can even believe that!) and let me tell you, that athame has caused some major problems!!
- THE UMMM WHAT?? - UMMM WHAT??? — This is the last book?!! I was hoping for one more. I want to see how the Order’s plans play out!! Really, these books were just plain awesome. Super fun to read. So many paranormal books are quite similar, but the Anna Series really has an edge.
- THE ROCK: Priceless by Copeland
I wish this wasn’t the end of the series! I loved the characters and am sad to let them go. Each one was unique and came to life as various events unfolded. I admired the friendship that developed between Thomas, Cas, and Carmel even when a few curveballs were thrown into it. I am still unsure how I feel about the ending! It was beautiful and honestly the way it probably should be, but my gut wanted something different! It leaves me happy, but at the same time, quite sad!
RATING: TOP SHELF