Series: Shatter Me #2
Publisher: HarperCollins, 461 pages
Release Date: February 5, 2013
Genre: Science Fiction/Dystopia
SYNOPSIS: (According to my husband, who has NOT read the book — see how well he listens to my bookish ramblings)
Story continues where we left off. People with crazy abilities live together while honing their special abilities. Crazy girl still has the touch of death (think Rogue from X-Men) while the love triangle rages on. They all want to touch her, but they can’t. Who will prevail!?
BOOK ROCK BETTY BREAK DOWN:
- THE KISSING – Mafi is clearly no prude…. more like the Goddess of Make Out Scenes! She knows the right words to use at the right times to paint one insanely sexy picture!
- THE SWOONING - I am still swooning over Adam with 100% of my heart! In fact, my heart breaks for him. He loves Juliette unconditionally and will do anything to make sure they can be together. Warner… hmmm.. nice try, but not biting!! I can see why some might accidentally start swooning, but no. Chapter 62 will attempt to brainwash you… but prepare for war and resist the temptation!
- THE SWAGGER – Wow. Talk about non-stop intensity! I read the entire book in one day. By the end of it, I was quite certain I needed therapy, but it was amazing! I felt like I was locked into a roller coaster and wasn’t allowed out until the story was over. At the end I just kinda sat there in shock…. jaw dropped… and still gripping the seat!
- THE OH SNAP! - 1. Omega Point is loaded with people that have crazy abilities! 2. The Adam/Warner connection is revealed. 3. Adam and Warner both have special abilities. 4. Juliette is WAY stronger than anyone ever imagined!
- THE UMMM WHAT?? - 1. Juliette clearly needs speech therapy. Seriously, was there even one sentence in the book where she wasn’t stuttering?? This got extremely annoying. 2. Not a fan of Adam punching his head when he feels dumb for saying or doing something stupid. It’s lame. 3. Chapter 62– Juliette has basically eaten the entire cake, but before she takes the last bite… she is like… “ummm wait… huh? what am i forgetting? OH RIGHT… ADAM!!” Pssssh.
- THE ROCK: An entire playlist dedicated to Warner (Oh, Warner.)
Such a great book!! I have never sent so many texts or tweets about a book in my life. I could barely handle it! I needed a bottle of wine to get me through Chapter 62. The book was stuffed with shockers and every time things calmed down, another bomb was dropped! My mouth was hanging open so often I probably should have worn a bib. Oh.. and I know I mentioned how sexy this book is already, but honestly… it was quite possibly one of the most risqué YA books I’ve ever read!
I remember loving Shatter Me, but this one is hands down, without a doubt in mind, firebox worthy!! I read a lot of great books and sometimes go back and forth about whether it should be given 4 or 5 stars, but Unravel Me reminded me why I rarely give out the firebox status! FANTASTIC!