Title & Author: The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines #3
Publisher: Razorbill, 432 pages
Release Date: February 12, 2013
Genre: Paranormal Romance
SYNOPSIS: (According to my husband, who has NOT read the book — see how well he listens to my bookish ramblings)
A girl with a flower tattoo on her cheek is supposed to hate vampires, but she falls in love with one anyway. When she isn’t busy making out with the vampire, she learns magic and fights witches, all while trying to protect a princess. You will love all the action and romance!
BOOK ROCK BETTY BREAK DOWN:
- THE KISSING – Richelle Mead never disappoints. If her name is on the book it means there will be some serious making out. She excels at building up these intense sensual moments– even when it is as simple as hand holding, I am left drooling! The lady is a genius. SHE MAKES ME TINGLE.
- THE SWOONING - Adrian is all over the swoon factor in this book. He is sarcastic and moody, yet gives off this mellow, chill vibe no matter what situation he is in. Plus he is sexy, passionate and protective. I hate to admit it, but there were a few scenes that made me forget about Dimitri!! That in itself says A LOT!
- THE SWAGGER – I expected Richelle Mead to bring it and that she did! The plot was excellent as always. She always sets a perfect pace, placing just the right amount of focus on plot building, romance and action. I never feel tempted to skim out of boredom. As usual, the last paragraph left me thinking “UH OH!” and wishing there were more pages!!
- THE OH SNAP! - 1. Lots of magic in this one– Sydney definitely earns herself a badass medal of honor. 2. Sydney and Adrian have a pet dragon demon that is actually super cute and likes pie. 3. The Warriors and Alchemists have some skeletons in the closet. 4. The plot has some unexpected twists and turns involving a crazy witch! 5. Sydney actually pulls off being sexy! (I kid you not!) 6. The Golden Lily tattoo can be broken!
- THE UMMM WHAT?? - 1. Will there be a single book in this series that doesn’t mention Sydney’s bra size?! 2. Marcus was not the hot-shot anti-Alchemist I’d envisioned. No swooning here. 3. Not a single Strigoi encounter? 4. Poor Jill will be traumatized for life.
- THE ROCK: Feel So Close by Calvin Harris
I feel at home when I read this series. Starting with Vampire Academy I have felt such a connection to these characters! I feel like I know them…. I can see them so clearly and almost know how they will react before they do! I am so invested in the story and every book pulls me in deeper! I loved the relationship between Sydney and Adrian. It’s never easy and they are so incredibly different, yet being imperfect is what makes them so perfect together. They bring out the best in each other. Adrian pulls the stick out of Sydney’s butt and Sydney keeps Adrian walking the line. No matter how much Sydney resists, she can’t deny the way she feels! This amazing romance plus all the craziness going on with the Warriors, Alchemists, and Witches creates a really great book.
RATING: TOP SHELF