SYNOPSIS: (According to my husband, who has NOT read the book — see how well he listens to my bookish ramblings)
The Lorders are still up to no good, snatching kids left and right. They need to be stopped. Will Kyla be the one to do it? (Betty even made ME read Slated. It was great. She doesn’t lie. She won’t tell me if Ben is alive though so now I need to read this one too.)
____________________________________________________________BOOK ROCK BETTY BREAK DOWN:
- THE KISSING – Booooo! There were several scenes where “something” could have happened, but it just didn’t! This is a sore subject because I LOVE romance, but in this case, the story is so insanely good that it certainly didn’t make or break the book!
- THE SWOONING - I gotta say– There were 3 guys that created some serious tension with Kyla. Obviously, once I figured out who each of these guys really were, it affected how I felt about them! Nico is basically an intense, sexy, chick magnet. He is alluring, but has some control issues! Cam is the sweet, compassionate, boy next door that wants Kyla to trust him. Last, there was Katran. The connection with him was undeniable and there were many moments I was screaming for him to make his move! I had the hots for all of them at one point or another! Plus, my heart is obviously still longing for Ben!
- THE SWAGGER – Oh. My. Gosh. Seriously, where do I begin? This book is freaking intense! I’m talking… edge of my seat, not having a clue what the hell might happen next, intense. Teri Terry kept me in the dark! I would be thinking or believing one thing and then BAM– I could hear her laughing at me, shouting in her Canadian/Australian accent– YOU WERE WRONG BETTY!! MWAHAHAHA! The book is like an energizer bunny when it comes to action. There are no dull moments and not even a smidge of middle book syndrome. Teri has balls– She was clearly not afraid to make my heart ACHE over and over again.
- THE OH SNAP! – 1. Who is Kyla? 2. Lorders take Slating to a new level! 3. The Free UK Members are cut throat- literally! 4. No one can be trusted. 5. PEOPLE DIE.
- THE UMMMM WHAT?? – 1. After all the drama with Wayne Best, I thought everyone should have been a lot more concerned about him! 2. Someone kiss her already!! Geeze!
- THE ROCK - This Is Me by Demi Lovato
I will be pushing Slated on people for a long time to come, especially after reading Fractured. I have never read such an amazing book 2 in a series! The second book in a series is often a let down because it sets the scene for the final book. I’m telling you, this book was crazy good! I was stressed out every step of the way and could not put it down until I hit the last page. Unfortunately, I was left in a situation that will now make me suffer until I can get my hands on Shattered!!! I am dying to see how this story will play out! Teri Terry is THE BOSS!
RATING:Also check out: Review: Slated by Teri Terry Slated Book 3 Title Reveal – Part One Slated Book 3 Title Reveal – Part Two