SYNOPSIS: (According to my husband, who has NOT read the book — see how well he listens to my bookish ramblings)
Jack Carter is a dawg. A dirty dawg. He really knows how to make a girl swoon and then drop her like she’s nothing. Read this book at your own risk…
___________________________________________________________________BOOK ROCK BETTY BREAK DOWN:
- THE KISSING – LOVED the kissing in this book! It was quite descriptive, but not raunchy like a lot of NA tends to be! The chemistry between Jack (ok, Jack would probably have chemistry with anyone, haha) and Cassie was HOT! They are awesome together!
- THE SWOONING - Jack Effing Carter is YUMMY. I’m talking SEXXXXY! He is a baseball player and let me just say– I am a sucker for ball players. He has dark hair, chocolate-brown eyes, and a body with enough definition that a girl would be crazy not to want to explore it! Cassie changes him. I fell in love with the guy he is meant to be. He is sweet, sarcastic, and adorable, yet also serious and extremely protective of those he loves. I loved the way he called Cassie “my girl” all the time. THE END— <3 Just throw me in a freezer because I freaking melted.
- THE SWAGGER – I loved the premise. I played competitive softball up through college, was even a pitcher, so I understood Jack quite well. I’m also a huge baseball fan, so this story just devoured me! I couldn’t put it down– throw in the conflict and I was over my head invested in how it would play out. This book made me want to explode multiple times, but in a good way because I was so affected emotionally! Seriously, I wanted to punch my fist through the wall I was so angry! Plus, the secondary characters, especially Dean and Melissa. They kicked butt and really gave the entire plot a boost!
- THE OH SNAP! – 1. Baseball 2. Photography 3. Opening Your Heart to Someone Unlikely 4. Jar of Quarters 5. Family 6. Supportive Friends 7. Making Big Mistakes 8. Forgiveness 9. Trust
- THE UMMMM WHAT?? – Sex without a condom?? Yeah, it was a tender moment, but come on, Cassie— we are talking about Jack Carter here. I don’t care how horny you are– USE YOUR BRAIN.
- THE ROCK - Maybe by Secondhand Serenade
I can’t say it enough– I LOVED THIS BOOK! Obviously it focused on many of my favorite things– photography, baseball, hot guys, etc… but I really enjoyed the way it was written. I read this book and The Game Changer (book 2) in 24 hours. That is how hooked I was. After I finished, these characters were stuck in my brain and I couldn’t get them out even after I started another book! I then hopped on twitter and raved about all things JACK CARTER just so I’d have some people to book rock with. (Thank you Wendy and Chelsea!)
Many people hate Jack for his behavior, but ya know what– it was realistic. I’ll take a real plot over sunshine and rainbows any day. He was a tool and he knows it, but isn’t proud of it. I realize some people are put off by cheating in general (raises hand), which is a topic addressed and I get that, but this book actually helped me understand why people who experience this are able to forgive the one that hurt them. Gran has a lot of wisdom when it comes to this matter. Do I think everyone deserves forgiveness for cheating?? HELL NO. But in some cases, the inability to forgive someone you truly love can end up being more painful than the betrayal itself.
RATING:FYI– This is MY ideal Jack!!!