Title & Author: Shattered by Teri Terry Series: Slated #3 Publisher: Nancy Paulsen Books, 320 pages Release Date: March 6, 2014 (UK) May 1, 2014 (US) Genre: Dystopian Source: ARC provided by the publisher (thank you!!) Amazon | Goodreads | Teri Terry
SYNOPSIS: (According to my husband, who has NOT read the book — see how well he listens to my bookish ramblings)
All this girl does is run. She is trying to take the government down because they are crazy. There is no one to trust, nowhere to run, nothing but empty people who have been SLATED. Bottom line is this – anyone who has the same name for their last name should be trusted – Kris Kristofferson, Philip Philips, Chris Christie and TERI TERRY.
____________________________________________________________BOOK ROCK BETTY BREAK DOWN:
- THE KISSING – Again, this series has way too much going on to be focused on romance alone, but Teri Terry sweetened the pot this time around! There were a few swoony scenes that made me want to yell, “THANK YOU TERI!!!”. (Seriously…. THANK YOU TERI!!)
- THE SWOONING - I’m not naming names in fear of spoiling anything, but there are 2 guys vying for Kyla’s heart! I’m not sure I ever chose a team because I really liked both of them for different reasons! One is sarcastic and cares deeply about Kyla’s safety. The other is sweet, protective and extremely understanding– he always puts Kyla first. There is also a cutie named Finley. He is a great, loyal friend, and total risk taker!
- THE SWAGGER – Seriously, WOW. Teri Terry is a master when it comes to the shock factor. Her twists are brutal and unpredictable. As I read it, it almost felt like I was watching a movie. At certain parts I could hear the creepy music in the background and found myself yelling “NOOO! DON’T DO THAT!”. I even caught myself closing my eyes because I was too chicken to see what would happen next!
- THE OH SNAP! – 1. Lorders 2. On The Run 3. Love Triangle 4. Who Is Kyla? 5. Bravery 6. Sacrificing It All For The Greater Good 7. Retrieving Memories 8. Is Anyone Who They Say They Are? 9. Slating Taken To A Whole New Level 10. People Die (as usual) 11. Government Corruption
- THE UMMMM WHAT?? – The Lorders always wore grey suits…. why were they wearing black in this book? Maybe I missed something?
- THE ROCK - Warrior by Demi Lovato
I loved the way this book ended! It was realistic– not everything worked out and things did not turn out exactly as I had hoped, but I think that would have been too sugary. Regardless of how depressing the ending may be, there was still a strong sense of hope that things will turn around in time. The only gripe I have in general is the overload of information about the various organizations. I got a little fuzzy on the details and had to sometimes stop and think about it. At the same time, I’d rather have MORE details than NOT ENOUGH.
Teri is an amazing writer. I was honestly turning the pages faster than I could read, yet caught myself pausing in fear of what might happen on the next page. She threw me around like a rag doll. Nothing is predictable in this compelling thriller! This is the series I will be pushing for a long time to come. I am so excited to see what is in store for Teri next!
If you haven’t started this series yet– please comment so that I can add you to my list of people to harass about it.
RATING: Honestly… borderline FIREBOX!Also check out: Review: Slated by Teri Terry Fractured - Teri Terry Slated Book 3 Title Reveal – Part One Slated Book 3 Title Reveal – Part Two