Even a thousand connotations will fall short of describing what a book does to its reader. What technology has done to the generations is evident in the form of various modes of digital engagement, but books have, throughout the years build a solid foundation of their existence, which is unlikely to crumble at any given time in the future. Moreover, in spite of various forms of engagement available for people, nothing can replace the ecstasy of reading a good book and eventually gaining life-lessons.
Why Makes Books So Coveted Even In The Digital Age?
- A book gives the liberty to its reader to span his imagination not only across cities but also across continents and sometimes beyond the universe. Basically, a person can be confined within the limits of his room while reading, but in his mind, he has outstretched himself across a place on the other side of the globe.
- A plethora of books on self-help is like a guiding light in times of distress, proving a lamp that carves your way through labyrinthine roads and provides a person the solution to all the mess that he has been witnessing.
- A book helps to ameliorate a person’s knowledge, change his perspective by a 360-degree turn, and enhances a person’s vocabulary to a measure that is unparalleled, augmenting innumerable new words to his existing vocabulary.
- A book provides complete and all-round development of a person. People who begin reading since their childhood years tend to be more thoughtful, have a balanced outlook towards situations and an edge over others who do not read in terms of the vast knowledge they have amassed over the years.
- The human mind is always demarcated by the limits that it perceives within itself. In reality, those limits are nothing but a self-imposition of our own thoughts that have impregnated in the form of constraints we set for ourselves. Books fracture the constraints and let our mind wander into the unknown, helping us reach our highest potential.
The Salubrious Effects Of Reading Books On Body:
- Reading books leads to the enhancement of the power of the brain. It helps to increase the retention power and puts a stop to the continuous decline of brain faced by non-readers. While going through a book, a person has to remember the plot as well as characters which lead to the strengthening of brain memory.
- A breeze of positivity blows in a person’s life once they have befriended books. Books help in cutting down stress, while also helping people with diseases like depression. Self-help books are a saviour in this regard.
- It is very helpful for children who start reading at elementary school levels. They can easily recognize impressionistic concepts and are able to use logic more effectively. Reading in the early years helps a child to do their best in all the ingredients of school education.
- According to statistics, it is believed that people who read tend to act like the characters of stories that they have read. In that case, they turn out to be more willing, forgiving and courageous. Overall, people feel more motivated. It also helps them to understand a lot about human behaviour.
Books are like a panacea to our imaginative senses and health. The more we consume books, the better person we tend to become.